Monday, November 1, 2021

October Reading Wrap Up

Here I am, sitting around Halloween afternoon, all by myself and writing my wrap up. It's a strange feeling having the house to myself. Or more accurately, having the house to myself while also not currently working (since I've been working from home - by myself from home at least - for almost a year now). It's a nice feeling, and I got really excited by the idea of being able to go out and buy face cream.* Toddlers help you appreciate the little things, I suppose.

Here's a picture of the tiny T-Rex in his Halloween costume which he wore for about 3 minutes (refusing to put the hood up) before school on Friday and then he refused to wear again. Instead trick or treating featured Halloween dino themed jammies. I'll take what I can get.
But onto the reading. I got some seasonally themed reads in so good job for me remembering where I am and what season it is. Let's take a look at those stats.

Number of books read
4
Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix

I know I don't normally do any book review type things in these wrap ups but since I'm so bad at updating this now, I want to say that, while both Graveyard Book and My Best Friend's Exorcism are re-reads they are SOOOOO GOOD and I encourage everyone to read them immediately. ANYWAY

Number of pages read
1,344

Fiction
75%

Female authors
25%

BIPOC authors
0%

US authors
50%

Rereads
75% - it was that kind of month

Book format
audiobook - 100%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible: 25%
Library: 75%

Decade Published
2000s: 25%
2010s: 75%

Resolution Books
50%
A Man Called Ove is by a Swedish author and is also a translation
The Graveyard Book is by a British author so counts even if it feels a bit of a technicality 

*I could not find the face cream I wanted. It was a failed journey but I was still pretty jazzed by it nonetheless.