Thursday, November 11, 2021

Mini reviews - finishing up 2019!

Lookit this. After this post I'll have finished up at least mini reviews through 2019. 2019, which was, by my calculation, 200 years ago. Let's wrap up these mini reviews and then I'll only be 1 year behind. Until you know, we wander into 2022 and I'm multiple years backlogged again.

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling
Read December 2019. 
Nothing. I got nothing on this book. I mean, it's a Cormoran Strike novel. I remember liking those. But this rings no bells. 
OK so I looked up the summary and it's vaguely familiar. I remember it not being a favorite although I was happy it wasn't as gross as The Silkworm so that's something, right? 

Dear Girls by Ali Wong
Read December 2019
Ali Wong is hilarious and I have watched her 2 Netflix specials I don't know how many times. As a matter of fact, one of my Xmas gifts 2019 was to go see her perform. Of course, then things happened so you know, that hasn't yet occurred. Anyway, the book. Very funny letters Wong wrote to her 2 daughters with advice. It's funny, she's funny, and I remember sitting the parking lot of a Target laughing at some nonsense piece (I was listening to the audiobook).

Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie
Read December 2019
What a seasonally appropriate book I picked. Good job, me. I mean, I don't remember what the mystery was. I think plum pudding might have been involved. Forgettable sure, but it's Poirot so it was entertaining. I assume. They usually are.

So there you have it. Some sorta-kinda-barely-at-all reviews and now I'm at least caught up through 2019.