Monday, February 1, 2021

January Reading Wrap Up

What a year January has been, right? Insurrection, inauguration, messing with the stock market. Also we've decided that the middle of this is a good time to transition the monster to a big boy bed (or rather it's his crib but with one side removed and a small railing installed). Because if there's one thing the past year has taught us, it's that there is never a good, non-stressful time to do things so whatever, just do it. We'll see how this goes.

...If you're wondering how it goes, I've had to interrupt writing this in order to go up and help get him back in bed. So it's going about how I'd expect it to go.
This picture features about half the stuffies that made it into the bed by bedtime

Reading-wise I've started the year, OK. I didn't quite finish everything I was hoping to but I also didn't do terribly. I suppose that means I'm continuing the trend from last year. At least I'm consistent. 

Books Read
3
The Body: An Occupant's Guide by Bill Bryson. Which was also a Jan 2020 read but I needed something like this to start the year
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
The Boys' Club by Erica Katz

Total Pages Read
1,424 - I've found if I managed at least 1,000 pages a month, I'm pretty happy
Fiction
67%

BIPOC author
33%

Female author
67%

US author
100%

Rereads
33%

Book club book
33%

Book format
audiobook - 100%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible - 67%
Library - 33%
I had been playing the equivalent of phone tag with my library hold for Children of Blood and Bone since roughly November. The book would come in when I was in the middle of something long and I figured I'd never get to it before it had to be returned. So then I'd go back on the waitlist, start something else, repeat. But finally, the stars lined up and I got to read this. Thank you, library.

Decade published
2010s - 67%
2020s - 33%

Resolution Reads
33% - Children of Blood and Bone is by a Black author