Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Even Minier Mini Reviews

I am so behind on reviews. So behind. It's ridiculous. It's embarrassing. But also it is what it is. I have a busy job. I have a toddler. There's also a pandemic but considering how far behind I am in reviews, I don't think I can blame that. I mean, I'm going to. Because this pandemic suuuuuucks.

anyway, to get through this backlog, I had been doing mini reviews. But here's the thing, I'm so far behind I don't think mini reviews are going to cut it. It will take too long. So let's go with even minier reviews. A couple lines and then BOOM move on. Plus, I can't say I remember a lot about some of these books so I can't write more than a few lines without a bunch of research or rereading which would take even more time.

So let's do this!
Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
Read April 2019
It's a murder mystery within a murder mystery and that format is less fun than it may seem. But it's still a murder mystery, something I'm a fan of, so not terrible. 

Strange Weather by Joe Hill
Read April 2019
A few short stories, which can be really hit or miss but his are mostly hit so that's nice. There's one about a camera that made me cry but was v good and I think Wil Wheaton narrated it (audiobook). There's one about glass raining from the sky killing people. There's one about a magic cloud. And then there's another but you're lucky I was able to remember the other three. I kinda want to go back and read it again so that's a good sign.

The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
Read April 2019
Short story in a world where most of the time if you are murdered you just come back to life so there are people who's job is to "dispatch" people who are about to die otherwise and hopefully they'll be fine. I don't remember the plot but that's a pretty good set up.

Dark Water Bride by Marty Ross
Read May 2019
Murder and death and secrets and horror and the audiobook was done with a full cast which adds something fun. Pretty sure I didn't guess the ending but it still held together so good stuff.

My Planet: Finding Humor in the Oddest Places by Mary Roach
Read May 2019
I like Mary Roach. I do not remember any of this. At all. Which is odd cos I like and typically remember the other stuff. Not this one. Maybe it's good. Who knows? Not me.

The Evil Eye by Madhuri Shekar
Read May 2019
Short story about a mom who is just looking out for her daughter and maybe it seems like she's overreacting but IS SHE? This one was very good and I definitely remember it and will probably listen to it again since I can probably finish it in an afternoon.

Pretty good for a first attempt. Let's see if I can keep up with this and WHO KNOWS, maybe I'll be able to get through all my 2019 books before the end of 2021.