Thursday, December 31, 2020

My Favorite Reads of 2020

Man, what a year, right? And I mean, I want to be optimistic but like...I think we have more 2020 coming to us next year. I can't say I want to do too much recapping of this year. That sounds like it would be a bit of a sad exercise. But there were rays of light in this year and since this is a book blog, why not focus on those books that I liked this year? 

Top books - new (to me) reads



The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson 
Go to Sleep, I Miss You by Lucy Knisley
The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
Andrea Vernon and the Corporation for UltraHuman Protection by Alexander C. Kane
Andrea Vernon and the Superhero Industrial Complex by Alexander C. Kane

Top books - the rereads

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
The Martian by Andy Weir
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

Unsurprisingly, there were more top rereads than new books. Which I mean, makes sense. Why would I reread a book if I wasn't a fan? And this year especially has required comfort reads. I ALMOST included Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell because it is excellent and also I have been listening to it for about 100 years and I'm very close to finishing but no promises it'll happen in time to be counted in 2020. Does this mean I should wait on this post until after tomorrow to see if I finish the book in time? Perhaps but I didn't think of that till now and you know what, I'm not changing it now.

I'm going to attempt a future post with a round up of the year's stats and top authors and whatnot but for now, staying positive and look at these books I enjoyed so much.