Friday, January 1, 2021

December Reading Wrap Up

Not going to lie, I did some reading cramming this morning. I have been reading/listening to Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell for what feels like the majority of the month and the thought of having very low stats for the month because I didn't finish it made me sad. Even though no one cares. Except me, apparently. Having the week between Xmas and New Years off has definitely helped get me some reading time. Or rather, it gave me time to actually get some cleaning done and during cleaning I could listen to the book. And BTW, the audiobook of Strange & Norrell is excellent*. 

Otherwise Christmas was low-key this year though it was a lot of fun to watch the little monster open gifts. He's not quite at the point where he knows what's going on and if something is wrapped, it seems to be invisible to him. But once opened he is VERY excited and wants to play with everything RIGHT THEN. He got lots of books, trucks, dinos, blocks/building things, a mini trampoline (he can't go to gym class until things get better and we have no yard for him to run around in so having something for him to burn energy on is nice) because he is the only grandkid and has many grandparents and good friends to spoil him. And I now have a box of old toys to donate and some toys that will be hidden away for future gift-giving holidays. Oh and I made a GREAT dinner that I'm pretty proud of (filet mignon in a red wine sauce, lobster tail in a beurre blanc sauce, roasted potatoes, sautéed green beans & onions. And butter. Because butter featured heavily so I feel like it should prob be listed as its own side.) so that was fun.


Anyway, let's see those stats, shall we?

Number of books read
3
Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language by Gretchen McCulloch
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Number of pages read
1,630 (more than half of which is due to Strange & Norrell)

Fiction
33%

BIPOC author
0%
Female author
67%

US author
33%

Rereads
100% - it was that kind of month. Year.

Book format
audiobook - 100%

Where'd I get the book?
Kindle/Audible - 67%
Library - 33%

Decade published
2000s - 67%
2010s - 33%

Resolution books
67%
Gretchen McCulloch of Because Internet is Canadian and Susanna Clarke of Strange & Norrell is British. So I got the resolution but barely.

*Also reading reviews on Audible for people who accidentally got the German language version instead of the English language one are pretty funny.