Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Reading Wrap Up

Hope those that celebrate had a nice and safe Thanksgiving with tasty food, even if things were a bit different from past years. Hopefully next year will be a bit more traditional if people would just GET IT TOGETHER. In the meantime, I have taken some additional time off from work to binge Leverage, get some Christmas decorations up and maybe try to clean up the house, as futile an exercise as that is. And of course, update my blog.

I had a surprisingly productive reading month. I don't know why or what made it so but here we are. Sure there were some short ones in there, which definitely helped make the total number look higher. I actually started relistening to Lamb while I waited for a library hold to come in. And then, even though I have read the book multiple times, I was invested in hearing how Lamb turned out (would it be different this time, YOU NEVER KNOW) and then I pushed my library hold out. Again. For roughly the 10th time. But it was worth it.

Here are the stats and also a picture of the little one in some festive old man jammies
Number of books read
5
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
The Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea by Masaji Ishikawa

Pages read
1,740

Fiction
80% - only May had a higher share of Fiction read. And even this month was almost 100% had that last book not been so short

BIPOC author
20%

Female author
40%

US authors
20%

Rereads
20%

Bookclub
20%

Translation
20%

Book format
audiobook: 80%
hardback: 20%

Where'd I get the book
library: 100%

Decades published
1960s: 20%
2000s: 60%
2010s: 20%

Resolution books
80%
Mostly non-US authors: Life of Pi (Yann Martel - Canada), The Woman in Cabin 10 (Ruth Ware - UK), Hallowe'en Party (Agatha Christie - UK), A River in Darkness (Masaji Ishikawa - Japan)
But that isn't all. A River in Darkness is also by BIPOC author and a translation