Thursday, September 3, 2020

August Reading Wrap Up

Another month over, another month where I wrote and read way less than I hoped. Blah Blah Blah at this point, right? Today was a long day with a lot happening all at once and I am just looking forward to a long weekend with zero plans because really, what am I going to be doing?

But hey, when he's not drawing on the couch, look how cute the goblin is
Anyway, let's look at those stats

Number of books read
3
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
The Witches Are Coming by Lindy West

Number of pages read
1,006
Juuuuust barely managed to pass the 1,000 mark. I also listened to about half of the book Less but at some point was not feeling it and then I realized I had a book to read for bookclub that I forgot about and then I had a library hold come in and here we are.

Fiction
67%

POC authors
67%

Female authors
67%

US authors
67%

Book formats
100% audiobooks

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible: 33%
Library: 67%

Bookclub
33%

Reread
33%

Decades published
2010s: 67%
2020s: 33%

Resolution Books
67%
Crazy Rich Asians is by a POC author from Singapore 
The Vanishing Half is also by a POC author