Friday, August 7, 2020

Help Save USPS and Get a Book - What's Not to Love?

Perhaps you've heard that things in the US are, in general, garbage. Among all of the garbage things, because there is so much, is the threat to the United States Postal Service. I won't go into what's going on or why because all I'd be doing is quoting people far smarter than me who have already written about it, but instead here are some links

Save the Postal Service - The Atlantic
And if you'd rather listen, here's a podcast from Secretly Incredibly Fascinating about US Post Offices

I'm trying to think what I can do, in my small way, to help. I've reached out to my elected officials (and will probably reach out again a few more times). We have stamps. Then I saw my box of books to donate to the local library. While I would hate to deny my library books that they can sell to help fund the library they a) aren't taking any right now because of the pandemic and b) I've already donated about half my books to them in the before-times. So I figure, what if I offered some of these books to people who want them and I can use USPS to get them to you.

Here you go. If you want any of these books below, leave me a comment and we can connect via email to get addresses and whatnot. I do want to caveat that I can't promise how quickly I will get to the post office (because of pandemic and having a small one in the house ALL THE TIME because of pandemic) but I will do my best and I will make sure to keep you up to date. Anyway, here are the books I have that I don't want to have anymore but you might want to have. So have at it.