Monday, May 4, 2015

April reading wrap-up

Oh hey look, another month done. And despite the insanity at work (damn you, end of a quarter) I actually got a decent amount of reading done. Not only that, but I think I sort of nailed it with the whole resolution thing. Like, crap, I probably should have saved something for another month. Whoops. 

Anyway, let's see those stats.

Number of books read
4
Stations Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Villette by Charlotte Bronte
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Number of pages read
1,845

Percentage of fiction read
100%

Percentage of female authors
100% -huh whoa. I did not expect that

Percentage of white authors
75% - NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE! (I am far too proud of myself for this)

Percentage of US authors
0% - what the whaaaa? I don't know if that's ever happened before 
(Canadian, English, Nigerian, Australian, if you're curious)

Book formats
ebooks - 50%
paperback - 50%

Percentage of rereads
0%

Percentage of review books
0%

Books written by decade
1850s - 25%
2010s - 75%

Books by genre
Sci-Fi (ish?) - 25%
Classic - 25%
Literary Fiction - 25%
Mystery - 25%
You could easily argue me out of any of these genres. I have no idea what I'm doing with this category

Resolution books
100%!!!
None of the books are from American authors so BOOM. But THAT'S NOT ALL
Americanah author - not white!
Villette - written before the year 2000! KABLAM!

Seriously, I'm going to be screwed next month and end up having no resolution books.  But I'll just remember this feeling of accomplishment.