Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September Reading Wrap Up

September, where did you go? Ah well, time marches on, no matter how much I ask it to slow the hell down.

This month's stats were OK. Nothing great. Lot of white people. Lots of US authors. Mostly guys. However I did read some books that were surprisingly good. Well surprising to me. Everyone else had already confirmed the fun of The Night Circus and The Lover's Dictionary so I'm not exactly breaking new ground there. On that note, you should expect my review of The Casual Vacancy long after the rest of the internet has already read it and weighed in.

Anyway, the stats!

Number of books read
5
The Mine by John A. Heldt
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

Number of pages read
1,612

Percentage of fiction read
100%

Percentage of female authors
20%

Percentage of white authors
100%

Percentage of US authors
100%

Percentage of eBooks
20%

Percentage of challenge books
20%

Books written by decade
1920s - 20%
2000s - 20%
2010s - 60%

This month it's the Grapes of Wrath readalong, and I'm hoping this book is better than I remember because 15 year old me is NOT into this. 28 year old me is afraid of crying on public transportation while reading this, so trepidation all around!