Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March Reading Wrap Up

March. What a month, huh? Normally, I'm a big fan of March cos it's got my birthday in it. Birthdays are slightly less fun when you can't leave the house. And also when you had tickets to see Ali Wong. But I know I am lucky. But also I am disappointed. Lots of emotions all the time. Tom and I are working from home (luckily, we can) and daycare is closed (of course) so there is a lot of juggling and multitasking and general stress. But sometimes there is reading. I mean, more often there is bad TV/movies (I am watching Geostorm as I write this, while simultaneously listening to the Geostorm episode of How Did This Get Made. Once you start multitasking, it's hard to stop), but sometimes, there is reading. Why don't we talk about that?

Number of books read
6
Go To Sleep, I Miss You by Lucy Knisley (which I read twice and thus counted twice in the other stats)
The Cases That Haunt Us: From Jack the Ripper to Jon Benet Ramsey, The FBI's Legendary Mindhunter Sheds New Light on the Mysteries that Won't Go Away by Mark Olshaker and John E. Douglas
Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Modern World by Michael Pollan
Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson

Number of pages read
1,955

Fiction
14%

POC authors
0%
Female authors
29%

US authors
86%

Book formats
audiobook: 57%
hardback: 29%
paperback: 14%

Where'd I get the book
Chain Bookstore: 14%
Indie Bookstore: 29%
Kindle/Audible: 43%
Library: 14%

Rereads
43%
Decade published
1990s: 14%
2000s: 29%
2010s: 14%
2020s: 43%

Resolution books
29%
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson - published prior to 2000
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - non-US author (Wales)

I ALSO managed to write two posts, other than my wrap up post, in March so that's another goal met! Can I do it again in April? Who knows because seriously who knows anything that's happening anymore. But anyway wash your hands and stay home (if you can).