Tuesday, February 5, 2019

January Reading Wrap Up

Hot on the heels of my 2018 reading stats are the stats for January 2019 because yes, that's how far behind I am. I really meant to get that 2018 stats piece out before January ended but alas, that did not happen.

I thought I'd get more reading done in January. I had more train time, the goblin was in daycare, but getting back into a routine (even a routine of reading, something I enjoy) takes more effort than I assumed. Also I spent a lot of the month re-listening to old episodes of How Did This Get Made when I suppose I could have been listening to another book, but if it feels like homework, is it really how I want to spend my limited free time? It is not, let me laugh.

Oh and I don't have any clothes with seasonally themed icons on the bum, but I DO have this picture of the lil one dressed in a bear snowsuit, so I suppose that will have to do
Anyway, stat-y stat stat stats, here we go

Number of books read
4
The Diary of a Hounslow Girl by Abreen Razia
The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan
Lullaby by Jonathan Mayberry
World War Z by Max Brooks (a yearly re-listen)

Number of pages read
981

Fiction
100%

POC authors
25%

Female authors
50%

US authors
75%

Rereads
50%

Book formats
audiobook: 75%
ebook: 25%
Even with all the podcast listening, it's still mostly audiobooks cos turns out it's easiest to listen to books now that my time to just sit around has been cut down
Where'd I get the book
gift: 25%
Kindle/Audible: 75%

Decades published
2000s: 25%
2010s: 75%

Resolution books
25%
Diary of a Hounslow Girl by Abreen Razia is both by a POC author and by a UK (aka, non-US) author