Wednesday, May 16, 2012

(Belated) Blogging Anniversary

I was going to write a post about my blog's anniversary. I saw a few people writing their own because apparently May is the month for starting a blog. I missed my blog's birthday last year, but I was going to pay attention this time around. And then I realized I should probably check when that first post went out. Turns out it was May 8th.


Photobucket


At least I'm consistent. I'll remember to bring this up to Boyfriend next time I forget some important date.

Anyway it (was recently) my blogging anniversary. I've been doing this for 2 years now and it's been wonderful.  Boyfriend talked me into starting a blog because I was bugging him about not really using my English degree and blah blah blah. So he gets a lot of credit for this. Which he reminds me about whenever I start going on (and on) about blogging.

What Red Read started just as an opportunity to write about books since it was the only topic I could think of where I wouldn't run out of stuff to say. So I wrote and wrote. At first it was just to myself and for myself. Then slowly I began to find other book bloggers. And other book bloggers found me. I read books I would have never previously considered that were recommended by bloggers I would now consider friends. I've joined two reading challenges. I've participated in a readathon and a readalong. This blog has become a lot more to me than just a chance for me to record the thoughts about the books I'm reading.

One of my favorite things about this blog has been the people I've met. Or "met" I suppose since I haven't actually met any of these people in person. I'm sure if it hadn't been for the people below (and more that I've inevitably left off because, look, I missed my own blog birthday. I'm not good with memory) I would have given up blogging at some point. Now I can't imagine doing anything of the sort. So in no particular order, here are some awesome bloggers that you should check out if you aren't already familiar with them

Alice from Reading Rambo
Laura from Devouring Texts
Brenna from Literary Musings
Ben from Dead End Follies
Greg from The New Dork Review
Jennifer from Soy Chai Bookshelf
Meg from The Terrible Desire
Sarah from Sarah Says Read
Sarah from Sarah Reads Too Much
Pete from What You Read
Beth from Bookworm Meets Bookworm
Kerry from Entomology of a Bookworm
Rayna from Libereading

Happy 2nd blog birthday to me and thank you fellow book bloggers for being awesome and making me love it here in my corner of the internet.