Monday, June 30, 2014

June Reading Wrap-Up

 Time is flying. As it always does. It's extra flying at the moment though because now
Stuck in your head now?
We're now officially in wedding month and really, I'm ready for it to be here. I mean, I feel like I don't have enough time to actually get anything done BUT I would also like the wedding to be here now so I don't have to plan it anymore. That'd be cool.

Anyway, back to reading. I had a surprisingly busy reading month in June. Whoda thunk it? The books have tended to be on the shorter side so there is that. Perhaps I was subconsciously getting lots of reading done now before July hits and I don't have time for anything.

Without further ado, the stats!

Number of books read
6
The First 20 Minutes by Gretchen Reynolds
Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Bradden (which yes, was mostly read in May, but finished in June. So here she is.)
In The Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Mockingbird by Chuck Wendig
The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway

Total pages read
2,263

Percentage of fiction
83% - hey look! I got 1 non-fiction in there.

Percentage of female authors

67%

Percentage of white authors
83% - well better than usual

Percentage of US authors
67%

Percentage of ebooks

67% - I'm sort of surprised it's so high, but then I remember how e-reading goes. I'm reading an ebook. Then I finish it but OH NO, I'm still out and have no other book. Better just grab another ebook. Repeat.

Percentage of rereads
0% - I plan on having this change in July. Not cos I think it's important to have a good re-reads stat but just because OH HEY, books I like. I want to read you again.

Percentage of review books

0%

Books written by decade
1860s - 17%
2000s - 17%
2012s - 67%
(Yes, I realize this IS 101%. Blame decimal points.)

Books by genre
Health - 17%
Mystery - 17%
Horror - 17%
Thriller - 33%
Romance (whaaa?) - 17%