Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Reading Wrap Up

Another month has passed and I know it's been said a million times but man time flies. May was pretty good. We got vaccinated! We traveled! It was still I would say fairly conservative travel* but travel nonetheless! That was pretty neat. I didn't get a huge amount of reading done while on this trip, unless you count kids books, in which case I read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom many a-times. We also watched a lot of Moana. Like a lot. There are certainly worse movies the little one could have been obsessed with but I could go for some variety. I may not have been able to get much relaxed reading done, but the goblin got to play with the cat and dog (we are pet-free at home) which made for a lot of cute moments so that was almost an even trade.
I also cut off my hair! I hadn't gotten a haircut in...let's just say a long time and the pandemic is only partially responsible for how much time passed. But hey, I had enough to donate. It's slightly shorter than I was planning but I was like an inch from donation length and it seemed silly to not just go for it. 

Why don't we get to those stats?

Number of books read
3
The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in Death, Decay & Disaster by Sarah Krasnostein
The Leavers by Lisa Ko
Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting by Pamela Druckerman

Number of pages read
984

Fiction
33%

Female authors
100%
BIPOC authors
33%

US authors
67%

Book format
audiobook: 100%

Where'd I get the book
library: 100%

Bookclub read
33%

Published date
2010s: 100%

Resolution books
67%
The Trauma Cleaner is by an Australian author. It also focuses on the life of a transwoman, which doesn't technically "count" towards my resolution since I don't have a stat for LGBTQ+. Not that I think I shouldn't but I find that one is harder to easily quantify and thus I avoid it as a qualification. But I mention it here anyway.
The Leavers is by an Asian-American author

*We drove from NJ to SC to visit my dad out in the middle of no where so we weren't seeing tons of people or going out but still. Change!