Monday, April 5, 2021

March Reading Wrap Up

March came and went didn't it? Faster than normal? March always feels fast for me since Tom's birthday is the beginning of the month, mine is the end and there are a few others scattered within. That and this year being the anniversary of being at home ALL THE TIME made time feel very loopy and multiple times I forgot that we were now in a new month and not just March 36th. 

All that is to say this is late because I don't understand how time works.

I also didn't get a huge amount of reading done. In part cos I was reading one book that really shouldn't have been an issue and yet it turns out I really shouldn't read books on my phone because then the internet proves to be a real distraction when it's literally right in my hands. Also not having audiobooks for some of the stuff this month has shown me how little time I spend just sitting down and reading because there is always something that needs done. But it has been a good time for podcasts which I'm...I won't say catching up on because there are so many back episodes but I listened to a few anyway.

Here's an obligatory adorable picture of the little monster (surrounded by his dinosaur crew) before getting into the stats

Books read
3
The Institute by Stephen King
Man vs Child: One Dad's Guide to the Weirdness of Parenting by Doug Moe
You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories About Racism by Amber Ruffian & Lacey Lamar

Pages read
933
Didn't crack 1,000
Fiction
33%

Female authors
33% - technically it's 50/50 since the last book had 2 authors but since trying to account for multiple authors is in general too much work, I'll keep it at the book level and say 33%

BIPOC author
33% - see comment above

US author
100%

Book format
audiobook - 100%

Where'd I get the book
library - 100%

Decade published
2010s: 67%
2020s: 33%

Resolution books
33%
Just the You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey book by Black authors Amber Ruffian and Lacey Lamar. It was almost higher because I almost listened to this book a second time after finishing it because it was so good and so funny