Monday, June 3, 2019

May Reading Wrap Up

I just realized I didn't post once in May. Not once. My bad, guys. That was not my intention. I thought I was getting better at the posting thing. Except then the goblin decided that sleeping at night was lame but getting real mobile was awesome, and so that has been taking up a lot of energy. Seriously, I had to buy the little dude shoes, which is not something I thought I'd need to do for a while still but daycare said differently and time is flying.*
In book news, I finally got connected to my local library and OH MAN, did you know they have tons of books and audiobooks and comedy albums and they just...like let you borrow them?? No charges or anything. Pretty sweet deal I 100% should have started taking advantage of at least a decade ago. Let's look at those stats now, shall we?

Books Read
5
Dark Water Bride by Marty Ross
My Planet: Finding Humor in the Oddest Places by Mary Roach
The Evil Eye by Madhuri Shekar
Fed Up: Emotional Labor, Women & the Way Forward by Gemma Hartley
Shakespeare: The World as Stage by Bill Bryson
I also started another book. However, I had to put that book down for reasons I was going to go into here but figure I can save it for another post. Maybe that'll help me keep writing.

Pages read
864

Fiction
40%

POC author
20%
Not 0% so that's something!

Female author
60%

US author
80%

Rereads
20%

Book format
audiobook: 100%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible: 60%
Library: 40%

Decades published
2000s: 20%
2010s: 80%

Resolution books
40%
Dark Water Bride is by a UK author
The Evil Eye is by Indian-American author
Both were Audible productions that were more like radio plays than a narrated a book and both were super fun. Highly recommended

*In the middle of this the little one awakened from his nap and is demanding just so much attention, so my plans of finishing this post AND another one have been thwarted. It's a cute thwarting but still.