Thursday, November 1, 2018

October Reading Wrap Up

Time is flying and that's crazy. I mean I realize that's what time does and it marches forward* and all. Anyway, October is done and once again I had almost no Trick-or-Treaters (except two children who came to both my front and back doors and were legit surprised when the same person answered both) so I have a big bowl of candy and what oh what will I do with it? The goblin had his first Halloween wherein he spent most of the time looking around confused and/or napping. But what an adorable piece of sushi he was.
At some point I will stop adding pictures of him to the top of the blog posts. But not yet. 

Anyway, October reading. I messed up the pattern I had going (1 book in July, 2 in August, 3 in September) by reading too many books in October. Or reading/listening since audiobooks played a part in this. Mildly disappointed, though since I read 5 in October I could go for a Fibonacci sequence pattern instead. Except I'm not going to do that. 8 books in November. Ha. 

Let's get to those stats, shall we?

Number of books read
5
My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag by Jolie Kerr
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach
Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson

Number of pages read
1,711

Fiction
20%
Turns out when I'm looking for easier reading, I turn to nonfiction. Probably because it's easier to put down and pick up again without having to remember lots of characters and plot points. 

POC authors
0%
I'm mad at me too

Female authors
60%

US authors
100%
Rereads
40%

Readalong/Book club selections
20%

Book formats
audibooks: 60%
ebooks: 40%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible: 100%

Decades published
1990s: 40%
2000s: 20%
2010s: 40%

Resolution books
40%
Which sounds impressive but it is only because 2 of the books I read were published before 2000. Both Bryson books, ones I have read many many times, although this is the first time I listened to them so that was fun.

Oh November, what will you bring? 

*Unless you're in the afterlife which, according to The Good Place (which you're watching, yes? Because it is super fantastic) is Jeremy Bearimy instead of straight.