Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October Reading Wrap Up

October has ended and yet the day I'm writing this, it is 70 degrees outside and we're all going to die #climatechange. But let's focus on the happier things.

Halloween is great though I read pretty much nothing for the holiday. Which is kind of fine since I'm so far back with posting that I wouldn't get around to reviewing them until like January. But I did get a good amount of reading done, including the #MasterAndMargareadalong and I think we should all get an award for finishing that one. Bonus awards if someone can explain it.

Let's jump into the stats.

Total books read
5
Difficult Women by Roxane Gay (5 stars)
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (wink) (4 stars)
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (3 stars)
George Washington's Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger (3 stars)
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (5 stars)

Total pages read
1,766

Fiction
80%

Female authors
60%

White authors
60%

US authors
60%

Book format
ebook: 40%
paperback: 60%

Where'd I get the book
borrow: 40%
indie bookstore: 20%
Kindle: 20%
Netgalley: 20%

Rereads
0%

Readalong/Bookclub
20%

Blogger reco
40%

Translation
20%

Books by decade
1960s: 20%
2010s: 80%

Books by genre
History: 20%
Lit fic: 40%
Mystery: 20%
Satire: 20%

Resolution books
80%
Pretty much killing it here this month.
Both Difficult Women and Everything I Never Told You are written by POC authors.
The Master and Margarita is by a non-US author (Russia) and a translation.
Cuckoo's Calling is by a non-US author.

That was pretty successful. Let's see if I can keep it up next month!