Monday, April 1, 2013

March reading wrap-up

Another month come and gone. I'm always a fan of March because it's got my birthday in it. And my grandma's (we share the day). And Boyfriend+'s. And my other grandma's. And my cousin's. Pretty much lots of kick ass people in my family have/had birthday's in March. Good times. This year I celebrated by eating a lot, which is basically the best way to celebrate. That and my mom and I went to look at wedding venues so hey, I was also productive! Kinda!

Let's see how this month's reading went.

Number of books read
4
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
The Financial Lives of Poets by Jess Walter
Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler

Total pages read
1,818

Percentage of fiction
100%

Percentage of female authors
50%

Percentage of white authors
75%  FINALLY, ME

Percentage of US authors
75%

Percentage of eBooks
50%

Books written by decade
2000s - 100% huh, I...I did not realize this

Look at that, I FINALLY read a non-white person. Though it was an intentional thing as I was getting sick of my pathetic "all white people all the times" stat and wanted to fix it. It worked out nicely that Butler's Fledgling was suddenly available. So naturally it was meant to be. I did not expect that all of the books I read were all written last decade. Whoops. My next stat to work on.