Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Next Up: The Eyre Affair

I decided it was a genius idea the other day to read The Eyre Affair as my next book, mostly cos that I meant I wouldn't have to buy a book and I didn't sit around staring at my bookshelves for 20 minutes this morning before work trying to decide what to read. Not that I dislike buying books. I very much like buying books. I just dislike parting with money.

I've read The Eyre Affair at least 4 times before, as well as the rest of the Thursday Next series. And yet I've never read Jane Eyre. I probably should. Maybe I will at some point, but I always find something else I'd rather read. It's the same with Austen. I read Sense and Sensibility because my Brit Lit class made me but that's it. I've read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies twice, so I have the gist of P&P. But with zombies so obviously superior. I did buy a real copy of P&P but I've yet to start it. And I have a feeling if I do start it I'll think "I could be reading this same story, but with zombies and ninjas" at which point I'll switch to P&P&Z. I'll probably post about that book at some point. I think it's made it into the circle of books I read multiple times. Actually, I guess even if I never read it again it's already in that circle. So there you go.

I'm not really good at coming up with a nice, smooth ending to these posts, but seeing how no one is actually reading them I guess I'm just annoying myself with the abruptness. And I annoy myself often enough that I'm mostly used to it.