Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten: Settings I'd like to see more of

This week's Top Ten Tuesday list (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is literary settings I want to see more of.

1. New York City - Because I heart it here so why wouldn't I want to see more stories set here?

2. Boston - Because I used to live there, and I like seeing stories where I know the geography.

3. Italy - Because it's gorgeous there, and I was able to forgive a lot of problems with Angels and Demons based totally on the fact that it took place in Rome.

4. Bookworld - Because Jasper Fforde created such a fun world that I never want to leave it. So please keep the Thursday Next books coming.

5. Dystopian futures - Because I like seeing what could happen if things go very, very wrong in the present.

6. Somewhere in Maine - Because this means that Stephen King has turned out more books.

7. Seattle - NOT because of Twilight but because I heart that city.

8. Shakespeare's plays - I don't think this counts but I'm already not going to make it to ten so I'm getting very loose with the definition of setting. But I do love modern books that take place in the realm of Shakespeare works (Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Fool)

OK so with a couple exceptions my whole list is "American cities I am a fan of". So, yeah. Not the most exciting list but I guess the setting is secondary (or tertiary) in terms of things that are important to me. My favorite book, Lamb, takes place in Biblical times but I'm not really clamoring for more of that.