Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February Reading Wrap-Up

Another month of 2017 has come to an end (10 and 35). Even though February is a short month, they all feel long these days, don't they?

I was pretty successful with my citizening through the month, if I do say so myself, and even managed to keep up with the weekly updates (I feel these things are related). I didn't do as much reading as I did in January but on the other hand, I read way more than I usually do last month, so it makes sense. That and the fact that so much of my reading last month came from listening to HP and while I'm still doing that, Order is roughly 200,000 pages, so I'm still making my way through this.

Ok so stats:

Total books read
4
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai
The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae

Total pages read
1,695

Fiction
50%

Female authors
75%
POC authors
50%

US authors
50%

Book formats
audiobooks: 25%
ebooks: 50%
paperback: 25%

Where'd I get the book
Gift: 25%
Indie bookstore: 25%
Kindle/Audible: 25%
Netgalley: 25%

Rereads
25%

Bookclub/readalong
25%

Review book
25%

Books by decade
2000s: 25%
2010s: 75%

Books by genre
history: 25%
memoir: 25%
sci fi: 25%
YA fantasy: 25%

Resolution books
100%

Whaaaa? And none of them are the technically-resolution-book-but-only-cos-published-before-2000-which-is-a-pretty-low-bar so OH MAN, good job, me.
Hidden Figures and The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl are both by people of color.
All Our Wrong Todays and Order of the Phoenix are both by non-US authors (Canada and UK)

So there you go. Pretty successful. Let's see how next month goes