Friday, October 2, 2015

September Reading Wrap-Up

This week has thrown me. I think it's something at work cos there were a few of us who could not figure out what day it was or the fact that September is over. Maybe it's because October means another quarter has ended which means things are about to get super busy for a couple weeks and we are all in denial about that. But regardless, multiple times on Wednesday myself and others said "...but wait, October is tomorrow? How the hell did that happen?"

I did not get quite as many pages read this time around but still a respectable number. See what happens when I can't play around online during my commute because NJTransit has somehow made the entire line a deadzone? Now, shall we look at some stats?

Number of books read
6
How to Live Safely in a Science Fiction Universe by Charles Yu
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche 
Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson
Us by David Nicholls
People I Want To Punch In The Face by Jen Mann

Number of pages read
1,765

Percentage of fiction read
33% - first time this year non-fiction has surpassed fiction

Percentage of female authors
50% - well, look at that

Percentage of white authors
67% - NOT ALL OF THEM!
Percentage of US authors
67%

Book formats
ebooks: 67%
paperback: 33%

Percentage of rereads
17% - I had such a good time re-reading A Walk in the Woods I decided I needed more Bryson

Percentage of review books
0% just...nope

Books by decade
2010s - 100%
...seriously, every book was written within the last 5 years
Books by genre
Essay - 33%
History - 17%
Lit Fic - 17% (this is pretty much my "I have no idea what this book is but it's fiction so...")
Sci-Fi - 17%
Regular Sci - 17%

Resolution books
50%!
How to Live Safely in a Science Fiction Universe  - author isn't white!
We Should All Be Feminists - author is neither white nor from the US!
Us  - author is not from the US!