Monday, March 5, 2012

February Reading Wrap-Up

This month has been pretty nuts for me, in a good way. Previously I was working from home. Now I'm working in our office 3 days a week (my work has been super awesome letting me stay home a couple days, thanks to the crazy high commuting costs and the fact that all my work can be done as long as I have a phone and internet access). Yeah, the commute is long, BUT I now have lots of reading time.

ALSO, before I get to the stats, it's Boyfriend's birthday today! I have a habit of missing birthdays. A lot.* But not this time! Happy Birthday, Boyfriend! I remembered!

Now, stats

Number of books read
5
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde
All Her Father's Guns by James Warner
How To Be Black by Baratunde Thurston
Zeitoun by Dave Eggers

Total pages read
1,541

Percentage of fiction read
60%

Percentage of female authors
0%, again. OK, this is pathetic. I know it

Percentage of white authors
80% - slightly better than last month. Just barely. And pathetic considering it was Black History Month

Percentage of US authors
40%

Percentage of ebooks
40%

Percentage of re-reads
20%

Percentage of challenge books
0% - I was planning on something for a challenge but it just didn't work out.

Books written by decade
2000s - 40%
2010s - 60%
I should probably try to read something older than me. Or at least that was written before I graduated from high school.

I will do better in March! Well stats-wise anyway. In terms of book awesomeness, I want to everyone and their mother to read How To Be Black and Zeitoun. And at least everyone should read some Fforde, even if you can't get the parental figures to do pick it up. Although they should read him too.

*I KNOW when his birthday is. I just don't always remember what day of the week/month it is. Instead of knowing what day it is, I've chosen to memorize the such culturally important things like obscure Simpsons characters and the full script to the made-for-tv biography called In Search of Dr. Seuss. But yeah, I've missed his birthday more times than I've remembered it, as he (very rightfully) reminds me.