Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fear not! For I shall return shortly

Guess what, Ireland! I will be landing on your shores soon!

Normally I wouldn't make a post about this, because I'm paranoid that if I tell you guys where I'm going before I go there people will decide "She's gone! Now is the time to rob her! I've always wanted used Ikea furniture and a mismatched Harry Potter set! Huzzah!" Which I understand is more than a little crazy. Why the change of heart this time? Well I'm heading east, but Boyfriend+ is not. So, would-be-robbers, he will most likely notice if you sneak in and start moving things around. Maybe don't do that.

For those taking part of the Harry Potter readalong, WORRY NOT! There will still be posts, as I will be hanging out with my friend while I'm overseas and I've already told her of my internet needs. My posts may just be late and my commenting may be slim. I apologize in advance.

Now to the important part of this post, what books will I be taking with me on this journey? I have a couple long flights ahead of me, plus relaxing time. So I want to make sure I'm covered. Here's what I've got:

Finishing up Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Starting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Both of the HP books will be audiobooks because an iPod travels better than large paperbacks

And now for my other books, all on my Kindle cos this is the best part of eBooks. Easy for packing
Moranthology by Caitlin Moran which I started this morning, because it was on sale and I finished Blackbirds

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella which is not my normal choice, but it was also on sale, and a bunch of trusted people have recommended it. Plus light reading is in the theme of this trip

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin which is the next book in the Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones series*. I bought the last one before a trip so it seems like the thing to do. Plus it's roughly a billion pages long, so I shouldn't run out of book.

I'm probably being overly optimistic about how many books I'll get through. But whatever, we shall see

And so farewell people. I will be back soon with pictures of important Irish pubs and London landmarks. If I remember to take pictures.

See you all soon!

*If he wanted the series to be known as Song of Ice and Fire then he should have gotten them to name the TV show that. But he didn't because Game of Thrones is a way better name.