Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A post to tell you I'll be posting soon

Something does not want me to review Full Dark, No Stars. OK, so "something" is really a series of excuses on my part. But that's still a "something".
The baby gets me
First it was TV. TV doesn't seem to be getting in the way of my reading, but my reviewing is another matter. First it was the Chopped marathon. Then Mad Men depressed me out of writing anything Monday night as I had planned to.* "Don't worry," I told myself. "I'll definitely write something Tuesday, as soon as I get home from work." Ah, such good intentions.

For those of you not in the NYC area or those who are around NYC but don't take public transportation, let me explain. Normally my commute involves a 30-45 min subway ride and then a 45 min train ride. Yesterday however, it took 30+ minutes to go between 2 stops. And then after we reached the stop (meaning after the doors had already closed and we started again) the MTA, conductor, whoever makes these decisions, decided "Eh, we're running on the local line now." I just kept looking at my watch and counting off the trains I was missing. When I finally got to the station it turns out those trains were also running on delays of about 30-45 min. I made it home (hooray) but about an hour later than normal (on the days when I miss the earlier train). However, I felt bad complaining once I got home and learned the reason for the insanity was a guy was hit by a train. Not sure if it was an accident or not, but regardless, I was not in a mood to do anything productive last night and instead spent the time watching 16 and Pregnant. Because apparently when I'm mad I like to watch teenagers make bad decisions.

So I will have that review soon(ish). And I'm about done with Emma so hopefully that review will be less frustrating to write than it has been to read.

*We DVR'd the show because I can't seem to watch anything when it actually airs. If you ask me when something is on or what channel I can give you a vague idea of both, but nothing that's, you know, actually helpful.