Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Authors A to Z

I saw this meme over at The Book Stop and I realized I'm never going to come up with 26 favorite authors that each occupy a single space on the alphabet, so I didn't play right away. But I've been thinking about the list and trying to come up with some authors so I figured, what the hell, I'll fill in as much as I can. It's not like I've had any qualms not finishing up a list before. And I did a pretty pathetic job with yesterday's top ten that as long as I come up with at least 5 names for this, I'm doing better.  I'm not even going to pretend these are all favorite authors though and just go for authors I've enjoyed.

A: Jane Austen
B: Bill Bryson
C: Susanna Clark
D: Roald Dahl
E: Eve Ensler
F: Jasper Fforde
G: William Goldman
H: Nick Hornby
I: John Irving
J: Shirley Jackson
K: Stephen King
L: Jhumpa Lahiri
M: Christopher Moore
N:
O: George Orwell
P: Edgar Allen Poe
Q:
R: JK Rowling
S: William Shakespeare
T: Alfred, Lord Tennyson
U:
V: Kurt Vonnegut
W: Oscar Wilde
X:
Y: William Butler Yeats
Z: Markus Zusak

Taken down by Q, U, X and...N? I understand Q,U and X but N surprised me. I went through lists and my bookshelves and couldn't come up with any authors I've read and enjoyed to fill any of those slots.