Monday, December 13, 2010

What Red Read has returned

Look how excited they are that I'm back.
First of all I'd like to say I'm very very happy my blog is back and I'm going to start backing up all of my posts in case Blogger decides to go haywire again.  For those that follow me on Twitter, sorry you had to see all of my annoying blog complaining.  For those that don't follow me on Twitter (or those that ignored my annoying Tweets, which is probably what I would have done) here's what happened:

Blogger has some algorithm to find spam blogs.  If it finds a spam blog it's supposed to let you know that it thinks your blog is spam and then you have to go through an appeals process to show that you aren't spam.  Sometimes it marks obviously non-spam blogs as spam but it's trying.  What happened was sometime on 12/9 something went wonky (technical term) and Blogger accidentally deleted a whole bunch of blogs without any sort of warning or appeals process.  On the Blogger forum thread I was on there were about 100+ blogs by the end that had been deleted without warning.  Awesome right?  I woke up Saturday morning and went to sign into my blog and Blogger was like "What blog?  You don't have a blog?  Would you like to start a new blog since you've never had a blog before."  Google searches found my blog, but clicking on it just brought up a page saying "Oh no, you're mistaken.  There's no one by that name here."

After some searching around I found the forum post about this issue, added my name to the list of other deleted blogs and then compulsively refreshed to see if anything had been resolved.  2 days later and question is suddenly marked as answered.  So I check my blog and here it is!  This has also shown me that I'm apparently a wee bit of a blogging addict and should probably do something about that but at the moment all I'm going to do is a happy dance.

AND, during some of my non-blogging delirium time, I decided I'd try to host one of those giveaway things to celebrate my fact that my blog did come back.  I'll probably do it right after the holidays because I need to figure out how to run this thang, but keep an eye out for that. 

I'll have a real post soon but I think I like doing TwitterBookReviews as well so I'll probably keep that up on top of an actual review.