Thursday, January 2, 2020

December Reading Wrap Up

Every month this year went by super fast and December was 10x as fast as the others. I kept thinking "I need to do some Xmas shopping" and then suddenly it's the weekend before Xmas and I am scrambling because I am not organized enough for this holiday. Christmas was good to us, especially the little monster who got SO MUCH STUFF, including multiple drums. Which...have we offended people?* There are also so many cars/trucks/buses and I don't know where his love for all things on wheels comes from, but it is strong.

I didn't feel like I ended up doing that much reading in December. Typically, most of my reading is done via audiobooks while on my commute. Except tis the season and I wanted to listen to some Christmas music. And since I've been getting most of my books from the library recently, and those have a limited amount of time I can have those out, I wasn't sure I would get through a book before I had to return it. So I just stuck with podcasts (I'm currently listening to old episodes of How Did This Get Made) and Christmas music. Except somehow I still managed a fair amount (including a book between when I originally wrote this post and when it's actually going live because I thought "no way I'll read anything else in this time.")  Now, let's see those stats.

Number of books read
4
Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best Life by Ali Wong
Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner
Hercule Pirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie

Number of pages read
1,450

Fiction
75%

POC authors
25%

Female authors
100%
US authors
50%

Book club/readalongs
25%

Book formats
audiobook: 75%
ebook: 25%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle: 25%
Library: 65%

Resolution book
75%
Career of Evil cos Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling is from the UK (in case you were unaware)
Dear Girls by Ali Wong (POC author)
Hercule Pirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie - UK author AND published before 2000


*It's cool, he loves them and this gives him something that he's actually allowed to bang on