Monday, May 14, 2018

May Reading Wrap Up

I have already explained my tardiness in these posts but now I have double the reason. I mean, the main one is still the whole making a human thing BUT we also took a vacation prior to this guy showing up and most likely putting a hold on our vacations for the immediate future. We had a very relaxing vacation in Hawai'i* and it was amazing and I had thought maybe I would actually get some writing done. But it turns out I would much rather sit on the beach/by the pool and read instead of pulling out a computer and writing anything (surprise, I know) so that didn't happen. I did get reading done though so that's fun.

Also I realize I never posted my infographic for Q1 reading. The infographic has been 90% done since before March ended but in order to get the book covers to format the way I want them I now have to use a different computer than I do all of my writing on and while that other computer is RIGHT HERE (I'm looking at it right now) and available to me whenever I want to use it, that is so much more work than using my personal laptop (not it isn't) and I am very lazy (this is a fact). So. By this point that probably won't get posted. But you never know.

Anyway, let's jump into those April stats!

Number of books read
5
The A to Z of You and Me by James Hannah
Texts from Jane Eyre by Daniel Ortberg
Meaty by Samantha Irby
Relish by Lucy Knisley
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell
Total pages read
1,206

Fiction
40%

POC authors
20%

Female authors
60%

US authors
60%

Book formats
ebook: 40%
paperback: 60%

Where'd I get the book
Gift: 20%
Indie: 40%
Kindle: 20%
Netgalley: 20%

Review books
20% (Also I should really review that book...)

Books by decade
2000s: 25%
2010s: 75%

Resolution books
60%
The A to Z of You and Me and Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores are both by UK authors
Meaty is by a POC author
So there you have it. Not too bad. My writing may be pathetic right now but keeping up with the reading.

*We were there just before the volcano Pahoa started erupting though we were on a completely different island (Oahu mostly, with some time in Maui) so we were fine. Also we'd watch the local news there and they are, or at least were while we were there, far calmer about this than everything I've seen since coming home. Yes it is serious and dangerous and for the people who had to be evacuated and lost their homes, a tragedy. But also, the national park where the volcano is located was still open to the public while it was erupting. Mostly it's been a surprise how different reporting has been.