Monday, October 31, 2011

It's time for a Halloween Clip Show!

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays and scary/creepy/weird lit is some of my favorite reading. I figured for this Halloween, as I've done for past holiday posts, I'll include a bunch of links to some past Halloween-y posts. That way I get a Halloween related post plus I send you to a bunch of older posts I've done. And if the clip show is good enough for The Simpsons, then it's good enough for me!

Tuesday Top 10 Lists
Top 10 Halloween Reads
Top 10 Scariest Books

Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
The nine-year-old boy I was had done nothing for which he might legitimately fear the devil either...and yet the Devil came
Mr. Maybe They Will vs. Mr. Even If I Do
It was the human mind's final great parlor-trick: the perception of eternity in the place where you'd always expected to spend it

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
In short, he wished to know why there was no more magic done in England
As everybody knows, no one with red hair can ever truly be said to be handsome
I believe Mr Strange will do very well in the war, sir. He has already out-manoeuvred you
"I am sure you are a very different sort of magician from Mr Norrell," [Stephen] said. "I hope I am," said Mr Segundus, seriously
Think of me with my nose in a book

World War Z by Max Brooks
It goes by many names: "The Crisis", "The Dark Years", "The Walking Plague"
Who in his right mind could have been ready for this?
Couldn't just one restart the plague all over again?

Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories edited by Roald Dahl
Such ordinary things make me afraid

A Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
Survival is the key word to remember

Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore
It was as if vampirism carried with it a crampless case of rattlesnake PMS

You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
You shouldn't just kill a guy without asking. It's inconsiderate

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
Saying "rawr" is not a vampyre thing

"The Adjustment Team" by Philip K. Dick
No, you're not dead. You're...visiting

Dreamcatcher by Stephen King
His first reaction to the unplanned and unexpected wasn't a frown but a smile
Duddits is their dreamcatcher

Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore
Are you saying...that the human race was created to irritate Satan?

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
How quickly one accepts the incredible if only one sees it enough!

Horrorscape edited by Gary Goshgarian