Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Reading Wrap-Up

Another month finished. It's crazy how quickly time is flying by. Another month of reading down and I have seriously failed at getting non-white, non-US authors. Unless I'm making a deliberate effort, it seems they do not fall into my normal reading habits. And that's a shame. Next month, as part of my own China Rican reading month, I should be able to fix those stats. Again, I need a challenge in order to get a little diversity into my reading, but I'm making the effort. Stats time:

Number of books read
5
Black Coffee Blues by Henry Rollins
Bossypants by Tina Fey
Who Are You People? by Shari Caudron
The Adjustment Team by Philip K. Dick
Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Total pages read
1,330

Percentage of fiction read
60%

Percentage of female authors
40%

Percentage of white authors
100% - this is just sad

Percentage of authors from the US
100% - all white, all US. I will fix this

Percentage of eBooks
40%

Percentage of re-reads
20%

Books written by decade
1950s - 20%
1990s - 20%
2000s - 40%
2010s - 20%

Next month will fix the all white, all US reading list. It's most likely going to hurt my non-fiction numbers, but I'm less worried about that. Also, I'm still open to suggestions for Puerto Rican authors. They have been far more difficult to come by than I would have assumed.