Monday, October 11, 2010

I think I have a blogging problem

I was going to write a post about how I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile and I've been away and blah blah blah.  And then I realized I last posted on Thursday and it hasn't actually been that long and I don't actually need to post anything.  I closed the post and said "Alley, no one cares.  Just post when you finish up the Imago review" and I thought that was that.  Then I started going through my Google reader and it's currently telling me there are 361 unread posts.  Now granted, Google reader hates it when I try to unsubscribe from a blog and continues to add it back, so I'm sure a good number of those posts are ones that I really don't care about.  (If anyone knows how to get Google Reader to believe me when I say I want to unsubscribe, I'd be eternally grateful.) 

So I guess what I'm saying is I have 361 posts to go through so I feel like I need to contribute somehow.  And I want to brag about how awesome my friend's wedding was as she's the reason I've been missing and why I've had far too little sleep in the last 4 days.  I'm sure the lack of sleep is part of the reason for my post as well, as I babble more than usual when overtired.  Friend lives out in AZ so I saw Tucson for the first time ever and it is beautiful.  The heat is more than I think I'd ever be able to handle on a regular basis (I'm so pale) but this has pushed up my need to go see the Grand Canyon.  The wedding was at a dude ranch they'd rented out so it was all guests staying there and very laid back and just lots of fun.  I definitely left a sweater with her and hopefully my rain coat is there as well.  AZ may be far too hot for such clothes but coming back to Boston at 11 at night in just a t-shirt was less than fun.

I mentioned in my previous post that I couldn't decide what books to bring with me and I absolutely made the wrong choice and ended up buying a book at the airport.  BUT that also means I have 2 reviews I need to get down soon so I should have some new posts coming up soon.  I know, I know, try to contain your excitement.

ALSO! (I get easily excited when my overtired-ness passes over into deliriousness) it's the Boston Book Festival this weekend and I totally plan to go play at that, especially when I saw Bill Bryson will be there.  Lots in store and hopefully I'll be better rested and the post will be more coherent than this.  But I make no promises.