So this week's topic is the top ten books I'll never read. I'll probably mix up actual titles and types of novels because I don't think I'll be able to come up with many of either. I also should say that I seem to prove myself wrong a lot so never really means "never but possibly if someone I trust strongly recommends it and they lend me a copy so I don't have to pay for it well then I might read it." I would have said I'd never read the Twilight series but then I did so jokes on me.
- Political drivel. I've skimmed through a couple and even the ones whose point of view I agree with piss me off. You'll not see me reading anything by Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Al Fraken, etc or any of their ghostwriters
- Romance novels. I don't need the bodice ripping Fabio anywhere near my novels
- Jodi Piccolt or Nicholas Sparks. I know Sparks claims he's high literature and that's cute and all but no. Manipulative melodrama? Yes. I'd add The Lovely Bones in this section, but I have read it for a class so unfortunately I can't put it in the "never" category.
- Self-help books. Unless they're sarcastic and then not really self-help. For example, I have the book Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr and Other Affirmations for the Cynic. I accept self-help books like that.
- Ulysses I know I should. Perhaps I will. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't.
- Eat, Pray, Love and any other pretentious memoirs. I'm very happy you got a huge book advance to travel around and tell people how lost their lives are without doing the same. Now go away.
- YA Lit. This is a general "never" as I've already mentioned above I've read the Twilight series as well as Harry Potter. I'm glad the genre exists for the YA crowd. I'm just not there anymore
- Anything by a Reality Star. Snooki getting a book deal hurts my brain.
Oo made it to 8 this time. There are a few more genres I don't tend to read but I either have in the past or could see myself doing in the future so I decided to leave them off. What's on your list?