While I work on reading this new book, Ms. C over at Coffee Tale Reviews has pulled me into a game of blog tag and I kind of have the mentality of a small child so I love games! So you're supposed to answer the questions below and then tag some of your favorite bloggers. And as Ms. C said, if you don't want to play, no worries. Just know that I'm a big fan of your blog.
- Milk or dark chocolate? Dark. I really don't like milk chocolate unless there's a fair amount of other flavors to temper it. I'm not a fan of milk in general so I guess this makes sense.
- What's your favorite color? Currently green in all sorts of shades, especially bright ones. I used to have a lime green phone that I may have selected mostly based on the color. I'm easily impressed like that.
- Do you have any creative hobbies? It's sad how little creative work I do now. I used to do a lot of photography and drawing but I haven't done either in awhile. I did just recently buy a DSLR camera in the hopes of getting back into photography. I figure if I don't have darkroom access (because I'm too lazy to find some) I can still play with some nice digital photos. And I suppose this blog can count as a creative hobby since I started it in an attempt to get back into writing.
- What was your favorite subject in school? English, but I suppose that isn't a surprise considering a) I got my degree in English and b) I write this book blog thing. I also enjoyed the photography classes I've taken but I gave math a lot of leeway to do it's own thing.
- What is your favorite season? Why? I used to always consider winter my favorite season because I loved how it looked and I was an avid snowboarder. I now haven't been snowboarding in roughly the last 6 years and I have to walk a portion of my way to work which means I kind of hate winter now. That's probably too strong of a word, but I'm sure once winter comes to Boston again I won't think so. For now it's fall. I like when it's not too hot (I'm too pale for the sun) but it's not freezing either. And fall has Halloween and Thanksgiving and since I'm a big fan of food, these are 2 of my favorite holidays.
- Who inspires you to sing like crazy when nobody is around? Pretty much any song I know at least a portion of the lyrics to inspires me to sing like crazy and people can be around. I have no problem belting out songs with close friends or Boyfriend nearby, looking at me like I'm nuts. We've had the Broadway version of American Idiot in the car that I love singing along to and we recently added an 80s CD (new wave & hair bands) so I've been going to town on that one too. What's more fun than belting out "You Give Love a Bad Name?"
- What's your favorite dessert? Can you make it? I don't really have one favorite, go-to dessert. I really like panna cotta and bread pudding, neither of which I've ever tried to make so who knows how it would go. This question is making me think about desserts I can make and I just realized I have a recipe for key-lime raspberry bars with a coconut shortbread crust that I want to make again. So I didn't answer the question but I did think of something to do this weekend. Assuming I can find where I put that recipe.
- How did you learn to cook? Cook by watching my dad and grandma, bake by watching my mom and other grandma. A couple of my friends are amazing cooks as well but I don't know if I really learn from them so much as sit in wonder while they buzz around the kitchen. I used to look through my friend's books when he was in cooking school and I thought they were very interesting if way over my head. I'll let him do all the heavy culinary lifting
The Book Stop
The Far Too Important Blog
Lit Addicted Brit
The Space Bard