Wednesday, January 21, 2015

HEY LOOK another survey

Thank you, Sarah, for consistently providing me with surveys and giving me excuses to not write real reviews. I was going to do that 2014 survey thing that was going around, but we're fairly far into 2015 at this point and it seems silly to do it now. Which means I'll probably end up doing it in like March or something ridiculous. But in the meantime, I've got this one!

Four names people call me other than my real name
1. Alley
2. Al
3. Red
4. ...that's pretty much it.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Babysitter but for HOURS. Like 8-5 every day. I'd say "nanny" but I have a friend who is an actual nanny and it seems mean to compare what I did to what she did. This was a summer job and for my neighbors so I was usually in my PJs and the job was "Make sure the kids don't die". Which, btw, NAILED IT.
2. I worked at The Limited Too for a total of like 6 hours. They hired way too many people so there was no time for me to actually work. I did get to lie to the public, so that part was fun. (Only after I tried to tell the truth. But after repeating 4 times "I don't know what shirt you're referring to because I started here today. I'm happy to help you find someone else to ask." was ignored with "No but it was just here like 2 months ago" I finally told her "We sold out. Forever. There will never be anymore. Shame, really." She was fine with that answer.)
3. Compounder at a fragrance company. That's where you actually mix the chemicals together to make either a fragrance or a flavor. 
4. I've been trying to figure out a generic way to describe my current job for awhile now. Let's just go with Data Analyst for public relations company.

Four movies I would/have watched more than once:
First of all, that I would watch more than once? As if I couldn't come up with 4 movies I've watched on more than one occasion? Adorable.
1. Zombieland because I heart extra-nerdy Jesse Eisenberg
2. Mean Girls
3. A Midsummer Night's Dream the '99 version
4. The Princess Bride

Four books I’d recommend:
1. Lamb by Christopher Moore
2. World War Z by Max Brooks
3. The Martian by Andy Weir
4. Anything Bill Bryson
I could keep going. And going.

Four places I have lived:
1. NJ
2. Boston (EDIT: 8 apartments. Too many apartments)
3. Brookline (just outside of Boston but still on the subway line)
4. Long Island

Four places I have been:
1. Seattle
2. Ireland
3. London
4. Italy

Four places I’d rather be right now:
1. One of those places I listed above
2. NYC but not for work stuff
3. Somewhere warm? Hmm yes, that'd be nice
4. In a bookstore

Four things I don’t eat:
1. Sea urchin
2. Tongue? I haven't tried it but I dunno if I could do it
3. Most organs. Though I've had some and some of them have even been delicious
4. Durian. Probably

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Mofongo. I could go for some of that right now. With slow cooked pork shoulder
2. Noodles? All kinds. Italian noodles, chow fun, noodle soup. 
3. Along that line: raviolis, dumplings. Mmm I'm getting hungry
4. Cheese. Just, all kinds.

Four TV shows that I watch:
1. Parks & Rec
2. Mad Men
3. Bob's Burgers
4. Always Sunny

Four things I am looking forward to this year (2015):
1. Getting this house sold
2. Buying a new place to live
3. Vacation to...somewhere. I'm sure we'll come up with somewhere cool
4. Christmas? Just in general. I like Christmas so don't see why I wouldn't look forward to it this year

Four things I’m always saying:
1. "Oowwww" because I am walking into things just constantly
2. "Hey...shut up" because I am EXCELLENT at comebacks
3. "Dee, you bitch!" because I express frustration via Always Sunny quotes
4. "I'm hungry" because it's always true

Four People I Tag:
Yeaaah, whoever wants to play