Monday, October 11, 2021

September Reading Wrap Up

Hey guess what? We are several days into a new month and I have yet to update my September reading. I can blame a lot of things. And I will. Work was especially busy this past week with a workshop up lots of time. Last weekend the little monster got a cold which has been a fun game of is it COVID? IS IT? And having a toddler cough in your face an entire weekend isn't great for your health, so then I got sick. It's just been a lot, is what I'm saying. But suddenly I realized that post I meant to write last weekend ne'er was writ and I am way, way behind. Moreso than usual. 
Here's the germ monster, practicing his chopstick skills

Anyway, stats, shall we?

Number of books read
4
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris
This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel

Number of pages read
1,489
Almost the same as August (1,485) Weird.

Fiction
100%

Female authors
100%

BIPOC authors
25%

US authors
50%

Readalong/bookclub
50%
Gideon the Ninth as a fun readalong with online book friends
This Is How It Always Is as a book club choice with IRL book friends

Book format
audiobook: 100%

Where'd I get the book
Library: 100%
My library card expired on me this week, which also meant none of my library apps worked and thus necessitated a trip to the library Saturday morning. But all is fixed, all is well.
Also, tbc, I own P&P as an audiobook as well as physical covers. Yet I still just got a copy out of the library. I dunno.

Reread
25%

Published decade
1810s: 25%
2010s: 50%
2020s: 25%

Resolution books
75%
Gideon the Ninth - New Zealand author
Pride and Prejudice - UK author and first published a bit before the year 2000
The Other Black Girl - Black author
Special mention for This Is How It Always Is which is a story about a trans child

So there you have it. Not a bad month, even if I am way behind. Will October be any better? Who knows! Not me