Monday, November 2, 2020

October Reading Wrap Up

Another month over. I had meant to read some horror books in October. Ya know, tis the season and whatnot. But I didn't manage it because honestly, I didn't try all that hard. I'll probably end up reading a bunch of horror in December when that is also not the season. Because time means nothing.

I'm trying to think of something else to say before getting into stats. Anyone see Ted Lasso? I mean, it's on Apple TV so I would understand if not but it's real good and between this and Central Park we may actually need to sign up or figure out a way to get another trial. But anyway, Ted Lasso is about an American college football coach moving to England to coach a Premier League team despite knowing nothing about soccer. But don't worry, cos he is SO optimistic and positive and also he is played by Jason Sudeikis who is quite charming. I know little about sports in general and Premier League in particular but the show is so funny and sweet. And right now, I need a show that is just funny and sweet and I can only watch reruns of Great British Bake Off so many times (that number is 100 times, give or take).

Before the stats, here's the monthly goblin photo. Here he is enjoying his reading tent.

Number of books read
3
Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh
Andrea Vernon and the Superhero Industrial Complex by Alexander C. Kane
Shit Actually: The 100% Definitive Guide to Modern Cinema by Lindy West

Number of pages read
1,125

Fiction
33%

POC authors
0%

Female authors
67%

US authors
100%

Book formats
audiobook: 67%
hardback: 33%

Where'd I get the books
Indie: 33%
Kindle/Audible: 67%

Decades published
2010s: 33%
2020s: 67%

Resolution books
0%
Not so great. I want to feel worse about this but honestly I'm too tired to feel bad about these at the moment. I'm sure the shame will catch up with me next month, and hopefully then I do better.