Tuesday, May 5, 2020

April Reading Wrap Up

So we are all in agreement that April lasted like 3 minutes, right? I need us to all get on board with this so I have a good excuse why I hardly posted in April. I mean, other than the whole pandemic thing, because that is also a major reason why I didn't get anything done. Turns out, trying to work while quarantined with a small monster means there's no time to do anything. Except watch clips from Blue's Clue and Sesame Street because man, have I watched a lot of that because screen time limitations, what are those?

Let's look at my reading for April, shall we? I veered strongly towards comfort reads, because you know

Number of books read
4
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
The Martian by Andy Weir
Toddlers are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault by Bunmi Laditan
At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson

Total pages read
1,456

Fiction
50%

POC authors
25%

Female authors
25%

US authors
50%

Book formats
audiobook: 50%
ebook: 25%
paperback: 50%

Where'd I get the book
Chain bookstores: 25%
Kindle/audible: 25%
Library: 50%

Rereads
75%
Decade published
2000s: 25%
2010s: 75%

Resolution books
25%
Toddlers Are A**holes is by a POC author from Canada. Also the only female author I read this week and the only non-reread. Those two facts don't make it a resolution, just something I thought I'd share.