Monday, March 2, 2020

February Reading Wrap Up

Damn, only one post in February. To wrap up what I read in January. That is...not a great start to a new blogging year. I could have sworn I wrote more. Or you know, something. But apparently I was just thinking of the posts in January (which were mostly wrap up posts and therefore only somewhat count) and had duped myself. Sigh. Anyway, let's talk about what February held.

I took advantage of the leap day to sneak in one additional book this month, so thank you Julius Caesar* for that. Otherwise, as always, the month went by heckin' fast. Lots of work, which is busy. Lots of stuff for the goblin, which is also busy. There was even a book club meeting this month AND a (mini-) road trip to visit friends (and gift them with many baby hand-me-downs, of which we no longer need and they will soon have a use for), which was busy but also much fun.

Now, how 'bout them stats?

Number of books read
5
Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk
Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting from Birth to Preschool by Emily Oster
In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson

Total pages read
1,844
Fiction
60%

POC authors
20%

Female authors
80%
US authors
60%

Book formats
audiobook: 80%
hardback: 20%

Where'd I get the book
Indie bookstore: 20%
Kindle/Audible: 40%
Library: 40%

Rereads
40%

Translation
20%

Bookclub pick
20%

Decade published
2000s: 40%
2010s: 60%

Resolution books
60%
Lethal White is by a UK author (Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling)
My Sister, The Serial Killer is by a POC, Nigerian author (Oyinkan Braithwaite)
Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead is by a Polish author (Olga Tokarczuk) and is a translation

OK so I'm gonna try to set a goal for myself. I gotta write 2 more posts in March. Can I do it? We shall see.

*And I only know that fact cos of the recent John Mulaney monologue on SNL. So thanks to Mulaney for that bit of trivia and also for creating The Sack Lunch Bunch. I realize that is unrelated to what this aside was originally about, but man, what a great special.