Monday, April 1, 2019

March Reading Wrap Up

March is always a pretty neat month cos it's got my birthday and Tom's birthday in it. We spent my birthday hanging out in Central Park, since it was finally a nice day. We ate lots of food which is how I love celebrating things. And besides, I got to spend it with these two, so that was pretty much the best.
Reading-wise was sort of...it was fine. A lot of audiobooks and I find I have a hard time getting into fiction audiobooks so that caused some slow downs with reading but I did it and it all turned out good. Plus there was Kid Gloves which I'd been waiting for since at some point when I was pregnant and heard Knisley was doing a book about pregnancy and was VERY EXCITED. I might even write a real review for that one. Who knows. Spoiler alert: so good!

Let's get to those stats, shall we.

Books Read
5
How to Be Good by Nick Hornby
Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos by Lucy Knisley
Early Riser by Jasper Fforde
Sakina’s Restaurant by Aasif Mandvi
A Mind of Her Own by Paula McLain

Number of Pages Read
979

Fiction
60%

POC authors
20%
Not great but not nothing so I’LL TAKE IT

Female authors
40%

US authors
40%

Rereads
0% - that’s been a while

Book Format
Audiobook: 60%
Paperback: 40%

Where’d I get the book
Chain bookstore: 20%
Indie: 20%
Kindle/Audible: 60%

Decades published
2000s: 20%
2010s: 80%

Resolution books
60%
How to Be Good and Early Riser are by UK authors (Nick Hornby is English and Jasper Fforde Welsh)
Sakina’s Restaurant is by a POC author