Friday, December 1, 2017

November Reading Wrap-Up

Reading-wise, this was sort of a rough month. I hit a bit of a wall where I wanted to read something but nothing that I had was really interesting me. There were a few false starts. I did get some reading done. It's not even my worst month this year but still, not great. It was pushed forward by a lot of rereads. I guess something known was what I was looking for. No surprises.

Perhaps December will be more successful. Or not and we'll just give it another try in the new year. Trying to set realistic expectations.

Let's see those stats

Total books read
4
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero
Why Have Kids? A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness by Jessica Valenti

Total pages read
1,185

Fiction
75%

POC authors
25%

Female authors
50%

US authors
75%

Book formats
ebook: 75%
paperback: 25%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/Audible: 75%
Chain bookstore (I think...): 25%

Reread
75%
Books by decade
2000s: 50%
2010s: 50%

Books by genre
Fantasy: 25%
Humor: 25%
Sociology: 25%
YA: 25%

Resolution books
50%
The Graveyard Book by a non-US author (Gaiman, UK).
Gabi, A Girl in Pieces is by a POC author (Quintero, Latina)