Friday, December 30, 2016

December Reading Wrap-Up

December is juuuuuuuust about over but I'm not getting any more books finished before the year ends, so why not start with my December Reading Wrap-Up a bit early. Cos really, aren't we all ready for this year to be done?*

December was swell. There was Christmas which is always a good time. Tom got me tickets to see Book of Mormon so A+ work there. (He also got me, or I guess us, a smart thermostat and I realize I am officially an adult because I'm legit excited by this.) We went to Hawaii and that was super fun. Personally, good month but still ready for this year to be over. So let's jump to the stats AND KNOW I'm gonna have just a BUNCH of infographics coming up. And perhaps I'll get around to writing some reviews again.

Total books read
5
Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsberg by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell
Virgin Envy by ed. Jonathan Allan, Cristina Santos, Adriana Spahr
Something New by Lucy Knisley
Moranifesto by Caitlin Moran

Total pages read
1,387

Fiction
0%
I had to double check this. Really. Wow. No fiction. I don't think that's ever happened before.
Female authors
100%!!!
OK, technically one of the editors of Virgin Envy is a guy BUT the way my tracking is set up does not take into account multiple authors and it was two to one. So.

White authors
100%
Dammit

US authors
80%

Book formats
ebooks: 60%
paperback: 40%

Where'd I get the book
Indie bookstore: 40%
Kindle: 40%
NetGalley: 20%

Rereads
0%

Bookclub/readalong
0%

Blogger reco
20%

Translation
0%

Review book
20%

Books by decade
2010s: 100%

Books by genre
Biography: 20%
Essays: 40%
Graphic Novel: 20%
History: 20%

Resolution books
20%
Only one, Moranifesto, cos she is a non-US lady.

Alright, January. Let's be better.

*Even if some personally awesome things happened, as Tom keeps reminding me. We saw Hamilton, went on some super fun vacations, Seton Hall won the Big East Tournament which means Tom has some fancy basketball bling.