Tuesday, October 4, 2016

September Reading Wrap Up

Fall is here FOR REAL now. September didn't quite do it, because so much of the month was still so hot but now it is cool and I am having my first pumpkin spice latte of the season so things are good.

Of course September had it's good stuff to. For example, I got to meet bookernet friend Tika in person and she is SWELL! I realized I wasn't doing too shabby with the whole "diversify your reading" goal. I read less in September, but I read some fun things, so I'm pretty happy with that. And I am looking forward to October with The Master and Margarita readalong (even if I have noooo idea what's going on) so that will be great fun.

Now, let's see how September went

Total books read
3
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe (4 stars)
Secondhand Souls by Christopher Moore (4 stars)
You Can't Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson (4 stars)

Total pages
1,012

Fiction
33%

Female authors
33%

White authors
67%

US authors
100%
Book format
ebook - 67%
paperback - 33%

Where'd I get the book
indie - 33%
Kindle - 33%
Netgalley - 33%

Rereads
0%

Review books
33%

Readalong/Bookclub
0%

Blogger reco
0%

Translation
0%

Books by decade
2010s - 100%

Books by genre
Humor - 67% (but also more than JUST humor for both books)
Science - 33% (but also humor)
(man, genres is HARD)

Resolution books
33% - Not a huge amount BUT STILL
You Can't Touch My Hair is by a POC. I mean, that's the only book that meets the criteria, and only one criterion* is met but still!

*Resolution criteria includes:
POC author
Non-US author
Translation
Published before 2000