1) Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them when creating the award post.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.
4) Contact the bloggers to let them know about the award
7 things about me!
- Despite my red hair I'm not actually Irish. I'm mostly Italian and French with a bunch of other stuff thrown in for good measure.
- I studied for a semester in Italy and I got pretty good at speaking Italian. I even have a copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream in Italian. I've since lost the majority of the Italian I knew, which is just a great excuse to head back out there.
- My degree is in English but I describe my current job as "IT like". It's an oversimplified description and it unfortunately makes people think I can help them with their computers. I can't even figure out how to change the background on my blog while keeping the layout the same.
- I have a horrible attention span. Reading is one of the few things I can do without trying to do 8 other things at the same time.
- I also have a terrible memory. Or rather I remember ridiculous things and forget the important ones. I forget people's birthday's all the time but I know all of the lyrics to Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back".
- When I was younger I had purple and sometimes blue streaks in my hair. I was so punk rock.
- I love Shakespeare and you'll probably see a lot of his stuff and related works on my blog.
And now here are 15 blogs.
- A Thousand Books with Quotes
- Estella's Revenge
- Krista Hidden in the Stacks
- Lit Addicted Brit
- Literary Musings
- Ordinary Reader
- Pens with Cojones
- Roof Beam Reader
- Shelf Life
- Somewhat Literate
- The Curious Reader
- The Raven Paradox
- The Space Bard
- The Tower of Stories
I don't really have a shelf or list or anything official marking a to be read pile. I have a list of current reads and upcoming titles on the left of my blog screen, but even that is subject to change on a whim. Usually I decide on the next book I'll read as soon as I finish my current one. I never know what I'll be in the mood for so I like to go with the flow. I'm too disorganized to have any sort of real list.